Compassion. Dignity. Respect.
Since 1991, Arcata House Partnership has been integral to providing critical services to people who are homeless in Arcata and Humboldt County.
Services we provide
We provide many services to the homeless and food-insecure in Humboldt County:
We provide food assistance to Arcata High School and Humboldt State University, manage the Arcata Food Pantry, and serve lunches out of our food truck.
We offer supplies, referrals, and supportive services through the One-Stop.
We provide Extreme Weather Shelter for the County during the winter months.
We operate two shelters: one for adults, and one for families.
We offer rental assistance to seniors and people who are homeless through the Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program.
We offer permanent supportive housing to 30 people who are chronically homeless and disabled.
Achievements in 2017
- 9 families gained permanent housing
- 15 adults found permanent housing
- 80 people currently live in Arcata House Partnership programs
- 25 children and youth have lived in our Family Shelter this year
- 10,400 meals served through our Lunchbox Food Truck
- 282 people screened for CalFresh eligability
- 452 meals served at Thanksgiving 2017
We believe that housing is a human right.
We support people experiencing homelessness while they build a more stable life. This may include a full continuum of services from engagement to permanent housing. We seek to educate the community about housing issues and advocate on behalf of our homeless neighbors.
Supervisor of Client Services:
Oversees all of the programs, provides clinical supervision and guidance to the clinical team, and works to ensure that AHP programs are effective.
Manages AHP properties, oversees maintenance needs, is a liaison to local landlords, and works to secure permanent housing for clients.
Each semester interns choose to volunteer at AHP to learn skills like public policy, grant writing, and administration.
Makes 40+ lunches Monday through Friday to deliver to those in need.
Informs people on the streets about services in the area, forms connections, and helps folks connect with appropriate services.
Connects with local grocery stores and collects food that can no longer be sold, but can still be eaten, to distribute to AHP, and local food pantries.
Work with clients every step of the way on their journeys out of homelessness, including serving as advocates.
Staff the One-Stop program, providing drop-in clients with services and information about programs in Humboldt County.
Housing Support Workers:
Assist the adult shelter case manager in day-to-day operations and to ensure the success of the clients
Each year interns from HSU do their internships with us, learning about the clinical social work experience, including case managing clients, working as part of the team, and gaining hands-on experience
The Artist's Guild
Commission custom portraits of your home by the artist of your choice and an opportunity to support Arcata House Partnership.
- Generate financial support to help sustain the work of Arcata House Partnership
- Increase visibility and support for local artists
- Provide local residents the opportunity to commission a portrait of their homes
- Create an historical portrait archive showing where we live in Humboldt County
- Help to make sure that everyone in our community has a home
It's Easy to Commission a portrait of your home
- Select and contact an artist
- Agree on a price and format
- Sign a contract
- When your portrait is complete, pay the artist
- Arcata House Partnership will keep an archive of photographs, which may, at times, be shared with the community
For more information:
Jaffa Dugan, Coordinator