Compassion. Dignity. Respect.
Since 1991, we have been integral to providing critical services to people who are homeless in Arcata and Humboldt County.
Why We're Here
We believe that housing is a human right.
We support people experiencing homelessness while they build a more stable life. This may include a full continuum of services from engagement to permanent housing. We seek to educate the community about housing issues and advocate on behalf of our homeless neighbors.
Services we provide
We provide many services to the homeless and food-insecure in Humboldt County:
We provide food assistance to Arcata High School and Humboldt State University, manage the Arcata Food Pantry, and serve lunches out of our food truck.
We offer supplies, referrals, and supportive services through the One-Stop.
We provide Extreme Weather Shelter for the County during the winter months.
We operate two shelters: one for adults, and one for families.
We offer rental assistance to seniors and people who are homeless through the Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program.
We offer permanent supportive housing to 30 people who are chronically homeless and disabled.
Acheivements in 2017
- 9 families gained permanent housing
- 15 adults found permanent housing
- 80 people currently live in Arcata House Partnership programs
- 25 children and youth have lived in our Family Shelter this year
- 10,400 meals served through our Lunchbox Food Truck
- 282 people screened for CalFresh eligability
- 452 meals served at Thanksgiving 2017