Together We Make a Difference
Arcata House Partnership relies on community support, both through donations and volunteers to maintain our services.
Your financial contribution is extremely important.
Arcata House Partnership is here to help people rebuild their lives, extending support to children, women and men experiencing the trauma of homelessness. While government grants cover about 75% of the costs, the work is only possible because of strong community involvement. Community members, local churches and foundations, and clients rental payments account for the remaining 25%. We are neighbors helping neighbors.
In-kind donations are ONLY accepted at the Annex One Stop at 501 9th Street in Arcata on Fridays from 1 pm—4 pm and Saturdays 10 am—1 pm. Call 707-633-6236 for more information.
Currently there is a need for the following items:
All sizes of blankets and comforters
Towels – all shapes and sizes
Cold weather adult clothes (size L or XL, jackets and boots)
Raincoats and ponchos
Hygiene supplies (moist wipes, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.)
Gently used adult clothing and shoes
We cannot accept:
Used mattresses or pillows
Amazon Wish List
We always need household goods for our families moving into homes, and our shelters. If you'd like to donate items directly to us via Amazon, check out our Wish List.
You can also support Arcata House while doing all your Amazon shopping. Just go to Amazon Smile and choose Arcata House Partnership.
You can extend a hand to help us help our neighbors:
Admin Support: Working at the administrative office answering phones and filing.
One Stop Support: Working at our One Stop Program answering phones and assisting people with connections to services.
Family Day Support: Working at our Family Day on Saturdays to serve families who are homeless.
Shelter Support: Working at our adult or family shelter offering socialization programs.
Extreme Weather Support: Working as an overnight chaperone with our Regional Extreme Weather Shelter. Being on call when the weather is bad to assist people who are homeless to have a warm shower and meal and dry place to sleep.
We would love for you to help us serve the community. Phone Arcata House Partnership at (707) 822-4528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our volunteer team!
You may also fill out our volunteer application and mail it to: Arcata House Partnership, 1005 Eleventh Street, Arcata, CA 95521 or email it to: email@example.com.
An invitation to all shelter meal cooks:
Prepare an Adult Shelter Meal
Groups and individuals donate evening meals for the Adult Shelter. Those that donate every month are shown on the chart below in the shaded blocks. Persons or groups wishing to contribute a single meal, or be added to the schedule on an ongoing basis, are invited to do so on any of the light colored nights. Call the Administrative Office, 707-822-4528, to ask questions, reserve your date(s) or get directions to the shelter.
Please bring the following to serve 30 people:
A main dish
Vegetable or fruit or salad
Bread or potatoes or grain
Extras that are always appreciated but not necessary – butter, milk, juice, cheese